Lindsey Simerly's Endorsements for Asheville City Council:
Lindsey's candidacy for City Council is endorsed by diverse array of civic leaders and organizations, including
Lindsey’s advocacy work, in regard to both housing issues and the fundamental right to marry, indicate that she will be a strong leader on City Council and will work to ensure that Asheville is a safer, fairer community for all. Therefore, I endorse her candidacy for Asheville City Council without reservation.
- District Attorney Todd Williams
When I met Lindsey almost a decade ago, I saw the dedication and vision of a strong leader. Lindsey's listening skills, grounded life perspective, integrity, and work ethic will serve us well.
- Holly Jones, Buncombe County Commissioner, Former Asheville City Councilor
Many people who work full time are having a tough time making ends meet in Asheville. Lindsey will be a strong advocate to assure everyone who works in Asheville can afford to live in Asheville.
- Brownie Newman, Buncombe County Commissioner, Former Asheville City Councilor and Vice-Mayor, Past President of the Coalition of Asheville Neighborhoods, Past Executive Director of the Western North Carolina Alliance and Southern Appalachian Biodiversity Project
Lindsey will work to ensure the needs of Asheville neighborhoods are heard on City Council. As someone not from a background of privilege, she understands living on a budget and living within our means. As a fellow east Asheville resident, Lindsey will work to ensure our needs are heard.
- Chris Pelly, Asheville City Councilor, Past President of the Coalition of Asheville Neighborhoods
Lindsey Simerly is an Asheville success story. Electing her to City Council is the best thing we can do to ensure that Asheville retains what makes it special while increasing livability for all. Lindsey focuses on critical issues, coordinates strategic responses, works closely with all stakeholders, and works relentlessly until solutions are implemented. Lindsey has a record of achievement as Chair of the Affordable Housing Advisory Committee, Campaign Manager for CSE, Field Director for Heath Shuler, and more during her dozen years of service in Asheville. Let's elect Lindsey.
— Gordon Smith, Asheville City Councilor
I support Lindsey Simerly for City Council because she effectively and authentically advocates for underrepresented people. She fights with passion and pride bred of personal experience. We can put our beliefs in equality and equity in action by working to elect Lindsey.
- Carmen Ramos-Kennedy, Community Activist and Peacekeeping Team Leader with Campaign for Southern Equality